Since the day we got married, we’ve moved houses the fourth time already. This is the longest stay we have so far. And I’m pretty sure this isn’t the last house we’re living since we are still renting. LOL. I do hope this is the last one before we move to our own house. Whenever that would be, one thing is for sure, it would not be soon yet. 😀
Moving, in most cases, can be a daunting experience. With all the things that need to be done, you might overlook the idea of making your new home a cozy place to live. As you plan your move, it’s essential to have a good refresh of home décor so you’ll be ready face the new chapter of your life with energy and vitality. Here’s how you can transform your new house into a refreshing one when moving.
- Declutter. Now that you’re about to move, be sure you take away all your home accessories and pieces of furniture that might hold your home back from getting a fresh and stylish look. Start decluttering to simplify your home create a sense of harmony throughout the space. Moreover, getting rid of everything you don’t need gives you an opportunity to redesign and transform your new home.
- Add new fixtures. Buying new accessories is an inexpensive way of converting your new space into a refreshing one. Not only that but it can also have a significant impact on your home’s feel and look. Improve your lightings in the living room or kitchen by adding modern pendants. Having new light fixtures can be a perfect way of giving your new house a great sense of warmth and coziness.
- Place furniture pieces in an entirely new location. Another cheaper and simpler way of refreshing your new house is to reposition and reset. Take a look at your new place and rearrange your furniture set in a completely different way. With a few simple movements, you’ll be able to make a significant impact on the ambiance of your space.
- Take full advantage of the artwork. If you want to create a new visual impact on your new home’s interior, getting the most out of artwork can be a great option. Decorate your new space with artwork as it can be a powerful way of having the desired accent color. Also, hanging artwork against the wall can shift the style or tone of the space, thereby transforming it into a revitalizing one.
- Freshen up with florals. Whether you pick fresh or faux flowers, adding them to your interiors can be one of the best means to refresh your new home after moving. To rejuvenate your entire space with life and vitality, display in all areas by having them in vases of various heights and widths. If you have existing houseplants in your former house, you can opt to bring them with you through the help versatile movers for hire. Try looking for a company that will move your plants to your new residence.
- Invest in cushion fabrics. Moving can be a sign of a fresh start. That said, luxuriating with cushion fabrics can be an ideal way of refreshing your new home. Look for the best fabrics that will introduce a new accent color to your tactile textures. Doing so will enable you to set the tone of the whole interior design. If you’re looking for something new and inviting, never hesitate to invest in cushion fabrics.
- Lighten up. Apart from adding light fixtures, lightening up your new home can make the place feel fresh and vibrant. Simply remove distracting stuff like blinds, drapes, and some heavy window treatments to bring light to your new location. While it can be a bit chilly, taking off these distracting elements can also give your new home a feeling of coziness.
- Choose classic neutral walls. If you can’t decide on the paint color, it’s best to stick with the neutral one. After all, colors such as gray, beige, greige, and yellow will make your new home look fresh and trendy. Not only do they give a refreshing feel but they also match well with everything. So, use these wall colors if you’re looking forward to a great home transformation.
- Keep your new home clean. When it comes to keeping your new space clean, you should always clear clutter and stay organized. Leave an adequate amount of blank space on your walls and other surfaces. If you want a luxurious look for your dwelling place once you move in, be sure you organized and keep paperwork out of sight.
Moving, for instance, opens an opportunity to start anew. It’s an indulgent way of changing your life for the better by making a refreshing home makeover. Follow the tips mentioned above and expect a revitalizing new home after your move. If you need help for your local or international move, don’t forget to call professionals like Movers NYC for a successful home relocation.