Preps for any modern vacation—be it your next big getaway out of the country, your annual family reunion, or just a casual staycation at a nearby hotel—is so easy nowadays. As long as you have some key items at your disposal, or in your purchasing plans, embarking on a yuletide journey of any sort will be a breeze. With that, a few items below that can be part of your “starter pack” for your chosen Christmas vacation!
For Holiday Travel
- Dri-fit hoodie. This kind of jacket, both chic and sporty, will serve as the perfect travel companion anywhere in the world. And whatever the season. The Dri-Fit fabric blend of microfiber and polyester breathes in hot weather, and alternately warms the body in cold weather. You can grab one from any of the established retail brands in the metro.
- Duffel bag. Another travel must-have for style and comfort is a good travel bag. Filipino brand Gouache sells everything from leather-detailed lunch boxes to multi-buckle camera bags, but one of their standouts is the Hogarth duffel bag. Opt for a duffel bag for ample storage of your clothes. You may also use an easy carrying back and forth from your destination.
- GoPro HERO 7 Black. What’s the best way to chronicle your Christmas adventures? Buy the GoPro HERO 7 Black in the Philippines, as this newest addition to the GoPro family is now available locally through online retailers like Poundit.com. Film even your wildest, most daring escapades with full 4K/60fps video capture. Photography enthusiasts and frequent holiday travelers should get psyched about its feathers. They’re the HyperSmooth mode, water resistance, and Live Stream for instant updates to social media.
For Family Reunions at Home or Out of Town
- Noche Buena basket. Filipino Christmas gatherings are all about the food, so make sure you contribute something tasty to the big meal at your family reunion. One idea is to make your own big Noche Buena basket. Then fill it up with treats to share with your extended family. These can include Christmas ham, queso de bola, fruit cake and cookies, tsokolate tablets or tablea, and even chili garlic oil or homemade sarsa.
- Bluetooth karaoke mic. You’ll probably expect to hear Jose Mari Chan’s greatest hits and “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” as sung by your relatives. Make any rendition of a pop song, retro ballad, or Christmas carol possible with a portable Bluetooth karaoke microphone. Just turn down the volume a bit when night falls, so that you don’t disturb the neighboring houses!
- Customized Christmas tags. If you’re into crafts, read up here on how to make personalized gift tags to attach to each relative’s Christmas presents. Customizing gift tags is an easy way to be thoughtful, and to dress up any gift.
For Staycations with the Family
- Vouchers for hot deals on hotels and bed-and-breakfasts. Voucher sites with big discounts are key to enjoying a premium Christmas staycation at great value. You can browse through available deals from reputable deal websites. Then, pick your staycation venue, room type, and amenities all at your convenience.
- A portable game console. If your kids want to play games on the go, keep them entertained with a portable console like the Nintendo Switch. They can play in the car while you’re on the road. Or plug into the TV system of your hotel room.
- New board games or card games. For a more traditional and equally fun way to bond with your family members, grab board or card games to play in your room. Your family’s Christmas adventures can comprise puzzles and brain teasers. They can be a mystery or whodunit-type of board game, or a quick and easy pass-the-card kind of game.
Even two months ahead, we have to admit, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We wish you a wonderful holiday in advance, and the best of adventures on your Christmas vacation!