Sa ‘di inaasahang pagkakataon, kami ay napadpad sa Lucena ni Nate isang araw ng Sabado para sa appointment namin sa Department of Foreign Affairs.
1. June 2017, I checked the DFA website for any appointment available so I can renew my passport and apply one for Nate.
2. To my surprise, walang available na appointment sa lahat (Yes! Lahat ng DFA branches sa Manila!).
3. Late June 2017, I checked the website again and poof! It became Koko Crunch! Just kidding, haha! May available appointment! yay! The soonest? September 11, 2017.So sige, book na book. This is for DFA Megamall.
4. September 11 came – too bad, Nate was so sick, I had to take him to the hospital to be checked. Muntik pa akong tumuloy sa Megamall para lang mapuntahan ang appointment namin. I decided not to go later on. In my mind, that time, was for Nate to get healed right away.
5. October 2, we went to DFA Cubao to avail of the priority lane since Nate is below 7 years old. NASAKTAN LANG AKO. Sinaksak ng guard ng paulit ulit ang puso ko, ayaw nya ako papasukin kasi wala daw akong valid na appointment. I already explained that Nate was sick on Sept. 11, kaya di kami natuloy and he was all-ears-closed on me. I gave up and go home so Nate could be circumcised. My next plan was to either: A. call DFA Megamall to let us through since dun naman talaga appointment namin, B. Call DFA Cubao and verify what the guard told me, whatever, what’s more important ay makapag-apply na kami. C. Check the site again for any available appointment.
12. We didn’t have so much time anymore, we need the passports by January or else, sayang ang mga gastos namin. We won’t be here in Rizal half of December since we’re visiting my hometown. I was too stressed to think, this was the very same day Nate was circumcised, kaya di ako makapag isip ng matino.
13. I told Dane, “kahit sa Baguio pa ‘yang available na appointment, basta meron, pupuntahan ko na!”. Kasi kahit ako nalang muna tapos habol na lang si Nate, kahit ano, basta makuha namin passports on time. I checked the DFA site again and searched for Lucena – wow, God must have heard my tired heart – He gave me an available appointment for October 9-14, what a relief! Sa wakas! ♥ So I booked for October 14, not realizing na dapat nasa Bataan pala kami ng araw na ‘to for our school’s founding anniversary. So I had to cancel that. I chose Saturday because it’s my off.
14. This gave Nate 2 weeks to heal from his circumcision. But just like other boys, the “tomato” friend came, lol! Hindi pa sya magaling talaga, binitbit ko lang and we left early for Lucena on Saturday. May low-pressure pa nung time na ‘yun ang lakas ng ulan!
15. We arrived at the DFA office at around 12:30. Our appointment was supposed to be for 2PM but they let us in right away because of Nate (‘coz again, kids below 7yo ar a priority).
16. Thirty minutes or less was all it took for us to complete everything! It was super quick! I really wished sa malapit lang kami nakapag-apply and we could’ve saved a lot of time, and money, and effort. Pero like what I mentioned, kahit saan na, basta matapos lang ang application namin. Pinadeliver ko na din, of course! haha.
17. We ate immediately after and traveled back home. We arrived at 10:30 PM sa bahay. It was among the most tiresome travel we did. The entire day was spent commuting. I’m so happy it’s finally over. Oh, not yet. ‘Pag delivered na, saka pa lang talaga ako makakatalon sa tuwa! lol.
18. I just learned from Michi that few of her friends na parents were able to avail of the priority lane even without an appointment when they took their kids to DFA (different branches though), balikan ko kaya si Kuya guard at awayin ko? haha.
Charot lang. Bahala na sya sa buhay nya, ang importante nalang sakin, natapos din ang application namin. Sorry about my long rant! haha.
How about you, how was your DFA appointment? ‘Wag gumaya sakin na hinintay ang last minute bago nag apply para di mahirapan, lol!
Btw, “Lucy? Nah! A Point Meant” is Lucena Appointment. Wala maisip na title e. lol.