This post is a little late but as they say, better late than never. 😀
I tried my best to finish all my pending posts for December 2016 first before I start with my 2017 posts. So now that everything is posted, all lights are green for my 2017 posts (and I pray that this year will be a fruitful year for us).
With that, here are our plans and prayers for 2017. These, I will check next year and will be my guide and list of God’s faithfulness to me and my loved ones this year. Lo, here are my prayers and plans this year.
1. Good health – this is always first on my list, like all of us. Wealth is nothing without good health, and besides, they say “health is wealth”. With that, my prayer is that my family and I will continue to have good health this year, just like we were last year. We may have some illnesses last year but those didn’t really make any of us be admitted to the hospital. So, I continue to pray that God will strengthen our bodies from all the sickness we may experience this year.
2. Safety – I have mentioned this in some of my posts: we were supposed to move back to the place near our church for convenience but God may have something else in mind. At the end of the day, we decided to stay where we live now after weighing a few pros and cons. One of the reasons we chose to stay is safety. We’ve been blessed with good neighbors here who have turned to be our friends and after more than a year of staying here, I just have more reasons not to move for now. Although I believe that it is God that keeps us safe and not the place itself, so I continue to pray that God will continue to keep us safe (and I’m claiming that).
3. Faithfulness – This is the longest time that Dane and I have been away from each other since we became a couple in 2008. We’ve been away for 1 year and 4 months now, and I can confidently say that I stayed true and faithful to my husband. And I thank God for that – He helped us stay faithful to each other and to our marriage vows. Nevertheless, we still have 8 – 10 months away so I continue to pray that with God’s help, we will stay faithful to each other until that much awaited day that we will see each other again.
4. Knowledge in parenting – As a first-time mother, I am bombarded with so many suggestions, advice, and even judgments on how I raise my son. I can’t raise Nate well without God’s help so I continue to pray that I will have the knowledge that I need in every decision making I’m going to make when it comes to raising my son.
5. Ministry – I am an undergrad of Bachelor of Theology. I have a few more subjects to complete and an internship. Last year, I have talked to the previous school director and we’ve come to an agreement that I would continue my studies to hopefully graduate. I am doing that this year, and hopefully, graduate next year, by God’s grace. We are actively going to church every Sunday but when it comes to my ministry, I can say that I’m no longer doing a hands-on work but instead just giving advises. This summer, we will have our annual DVBS (Daily Vacation Bible School) again and I pray that God will guide the team as I help in supervising them as well. I believe that God’s work, done in God’s way will never lack supply.
6. Blogging – this blogging has become habitual to me. I don’t think I can still live without blogging! Kidding! Of course, that’s an exaggeration, but blogging has become part of my life and I love doing it! I love participating in comment exchanges and seeing other people’s blogs. I will try to keep my blog alive as long as I can. For now, I don’t see myself stopping on blogging anytime soon.
Compared to top bloggers, my blog doesn’t get much monetization but I do get a few gigs out of it. Last year was the year with the most blogging gigs so far, so I pray that this year will stay the same. Blogging has given me a few earnings that helped with my expenses last December. Back when I started in 2011, I never thought that I’d earn out of blogging. God is great and gracious.
7. Savings – Dane and I have been saving since the day he left to work as an OFW. I can’t say we’ve saved a lot because of the expenses that we also have but I can say we’re debt free! This is the last year that we can save more so we’re pushing for more and more savings, hopefully, before he comes home. Another reason for that is we’re hoping he won’t need to go back to working abroad anymore. That’s something that we’re also praying ‘coz really, we don’t know what God’s plan is for us.
8. Travel Plans – yay! We are planning to visit Dane’s hometown when he comes home later this year and this is something that we’re both excited about. This is one of the things that keep us going and one of the things that we’re also saving up for. Nate and I have never visited his hometown yet, so, this, we’re giving to God. And we’re claiming that this will happen in God’s special timing (unless the plans change, of course).
This should be my last post about a year end and year start for this year! So for the last time, happy New Year to all of us!
What are your prayers and plans this year?