The past few weeks have been a busy time for us but as we’ve already started preparing for Nate’s upcoming birthday and dedication. Dane and I have long decided his birthday celebrations theme – football/soccer! 🙂 Why football? Hhhhmmm, it’s not very commonly used and football was Dane’s sport back when he was in High School. At some point, we wanted that for Nate too but whatever Nate wants when he grows up, we’ll respect it. In the mean time, since he can’t decide what theme he wanted for his birthday, I let Dane decide instead! lol.
Parties are really costly for me, especially the customized ones but we wanted this – for Nate and we wanted him to see this when he grows up. So we thought of some ways to cut costs and we’ve decided to make the decorations DIY or should I say DIO (do-it-ourselves) because we’re a team here. haha. So thanks to Google images and Pinterest for giving us an idea. Here’s what we did for the party bags for kids using the inexpensive brown bags!
1. Grab a brown bag.
2. Double your bag, that way it doesn’t get easily torn. Put a support on the base.
3. Fold the upper part for handle.
4. Use puncher to make holes.
5. Now that you have the holes ready, fold the edge again, this time put the folding inside the bag.
6. Get your ribbon and paste it in the bag.
7. You can paste ’til the bottom, back to back, you may also not include the base anymore (para tipid sa ribbon. haha).
8. Make sure the ribbon is in the center, or you can also have 2 ribbons together.
9. Take your the football design (we did these ourselves too and had them ready). Paste the football back to back.
11. Put the holder on the holes readied earlier, and…
12. There you have it! Our DIY giveaway bags for the kids on Nate’s birthday. 🙂